This year we are going to give away almost $5,000 in prizes to cosplayers!
You’ll want to register early because we even have a prize specifically for an early registrant! So brush off your old or new outfits, make them zing, and we will make some incredible memories together – and if you need anything for your costume, head over to our sponsor, Spotlite Magic & Costumes!
* IBOT will be with us Saturday & Sunday * We are IBOT -Iron Brothers of Topeka or IBOT for short. We are three brothers who bring fantasy to reality with our large wearable sculptures.
Saturday, Oct 14 at 6pm | Main Panel Room | Ages 12+
Locations and times are subject to change. This page will reflect any updates that may occur. Calling all cosplayers! We will be having an incredible costume contest on Saturday, the 14th for ages 12 and up. We will be awarding 5 different categories, and giving away over $750 in prizes for each category! THAT’S OVER $3,750 IN PRIZES. Awards may contain, but are not limited to, a years worth of free food, tickets to the premiere of Thor Ragnorok, Justice League, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, or a combination of them. At this point, the value has surpassed $750 per basket. * Pre-register for our contest by filling out the form below. Why? Pre-registration enters you in a raffle to win a prize basket worth OVER $200 in gift cards, movie passes, and autographs! The sooner you purchase your ticket and register, the more times you will be entered. Entries are as follows:
- Before Sept 4th: 4 entries
- Sept 4th – 17th: 3 entries
- Sept 17th – Oct 1st: 2 entries
- Oct 1st – 11th: 1 entry
This prize will be awarded at the end of the costume contest. You must be present to win!
Here’s how the contest works: Register for the contest by filling out the online form below OR signing up in person on Saturday, October 14th BEFORE 3pm (if you register online, you will still need to stop by registration the day of to get your contestant number). Pre Judging will be from 3-5pm. Come show off any details to your costume and explain all your hard work! While not required, this will greatly increase your odds of winning. Return no later than 5pm to line up for the contest. Time to showcase your work! We will be awarding 5 different prizes, which we be judged based off of the following: Best In Show This is the best of the best. Here we will award the best well-rounded individual, looking specifically at the craftsmanship, showmanship, skill, and effort put forth by the costumer. Best Craftsmanship Here, we’re looking all the components that show how well your cosplay is made, and how much skill was required (straight and clean seams, no visible glue marks, realistic finishes, etc.) Best Performance This will be awarded to the one that owns the stage, and embodies the character they are portraying. You will have roughly 1 minute to strike different poses, show off all of the parts of your cosplay, or even do some pre planned choreography. Judges Choice This is as stated, our Judges choice! SPECIAL Pre-Registration Prize This is a raffle style prize that will be announced at the end of the competition. For those who pre-register before the convention, you will be entered in the raffle to win this prize. The sooner you register, the more times your name will be entered! If you have any questions, please contact Brittany Wardlow at [email protected] or send a direct message through our Tulsa Pop Kids Facebook page.
Sunday, Oct 15 at 4pm | Main Panel Room | Ages 0-11
Locations and times are subject to change. This page will reflect any updates that may occur. Looking for a way to let your little superhero shine? Each child will get the opportunity to showcase their own costume on stage, and two prize packages will be awarded. Prizes will include free Kid’s meals at Chick-fil-A for a year (52), Gift Certificates to Incredible Pizza (valued at $100), a Superhero fidget spinner mega set, Tpop kids swag, fun superhero collectables, and much MUCH more… Totaling a value of almost $500!
Here’s how the contest works:
- Sign up at our registration booth no later than 2:30pm on Sunday
- Meet back at the Panel Room by 3:00pm to line up for the contest
- Time to shine! Each child will have roughly 1 minute to show off their costume on stage
Two prizes will be awarded:
- Best Craftsmanship This award is given to the child who put a lot of time and effort into making their costume. We will be looking for how clean and neat it looks, as well as their overall effort and attention to detail!
- Best Showmanship This award will be given to the child who best embodies their character, and owns the stage! While the costume does not need to be handmade, this award will be given to the child who puts effort into bringing their character to life through their stage presence, poses, and/or choreography!
If you have any questions, please contact Brittany Wardlow at [email protected] or send a direct message through our Tulsa Pop Kids Facebook page.